Lash shedding occurs for everyone and is a normal occurrence that happens more often than you think. Lash shedding happens with or without lash extensions and is important for the hair growth process.
- People typically loose about 20% of their lashes within a two-week period.
- Natural eyelashes can grow in and fall out in hair growth cycles every 60-90 days.
- On average, a person can shed 1-5 natural lashes every day.
- When a natural lash falls out, a new lash grows in the same spot almost immediately.
- When eyelash extensions are applied correctly, each individual lash extension attached to one strand of your natural lashes. When the natural lash falls out, so does the lash extension.
- During certain seasons, you may lose more lashes than normal, this is called seasonal molting.
After finding out some important facts on lash shedding, it is easy to see why getting regular lash fillings are needed to maintain the look of lash extensions. Typically, 2 weeks is the amount of time that can go by until you will need a lash fill. Keep those lashes luscious and make sure to stay on top of your routinely fills!